Application Form For Economically Weaker Section | EWS Certificate Application| How to apply for EWS Certificate
EWS stands for Economically Weaker Section. EWS is a new reservation sub-category that is under the general category. It is a new kind of reservation scheme that was started in the year 2019. EWS bill was approved by our honorable President on 12th, January 2019. On 14th January 2019, Gujarat became the first state to enact this newly started law.
EWS certificate is similar to an income certificate that is provided for those who come under a particular criterion. EWS certificate is similar to other reservations,10% quota is reserved for those people who have this certificate. To get the benefit of 10% through EWS reservation in the government job or admission in higher institutes, applicants ought to basically prepare the valid EWS certificates which are issued through the competent authority.
EWS reservation scheme has been introduced to provide 10% reservation in direct recruitment in the civil jobs or in the government jobs of India. The persons who belong to the EWS category and are not covered under other reservation schemes as ST and SC & OBC class can get this certificate. An income and asset certificate known as EWS Certificate is allotted to the citizens who belonged to the (EWS) economically weaker sections.
Overview of EWS certificates
An EWS application form can be get online and offline from different specified sources. If you are eligible for the EWS certificate and wish to apply for it, you need to recognize all the important factors related to the issue of the EWS certificate. you can acquire all the applicable information about this certificate. Here we’ve shared many details inclusive of application form, eligibility requirements, validity, essential documents to apply, and many others.
Highlights of EWS certificate
|Mode of applying||Online or offline|
|Validity||Valid up to one year|
|Portal||Different for the states|
|Purpose of certificate||To get benefits for those people|
who belong to economically weak families.
Documents required to get EWS certificate
While applying for an EWS 2022 certificate applicants must have to submit all necessary documents mentioned below:
- Aadhaar card
- Self-declaration form
- Photograph of passport size
- Income certificate
- Paper of the house which must be less than 1000 square feet
- Caste certificate
- ID proof
- Mutation and land papers of agricultural land
- Residential proof
- Ration card certificate
- The certificate from SDM office confirming lower income
- This certificate should be attested by SDM
What are the eligibility criteria to get EWS certificate?
A person can be eligible for an EWS certificate if he fulfills these conditions:
- Individual income is under Rupee 8 lakh per annum and does not belong to any of the reservation category such as ST, SC and OBC.
- There is less than five acres of agricultural land.
- The area of residential plot is lesser than 100/200 sq. Yards.
- Flat residential area is lesser than 1000 sq. Ft.
Therefore, the eligibility to access the EWS certificate is not based only on a single factor. It may be considered by annual income, property, flat, and others. The limitation of income is decided by the central government for the students to get admission in central government-owned colleges and jobs which are offered with the help of the central government. A state government may also set income limits for applicants who are looking for admission in state-owned schools and state government jobs with the help of reservation under the EWS category.
How can you apply online for EWS certificate?
To apply online for EWS certificate you must follow the given procedure:
- First of all,you will visit the online service website.
- After that on the home page, candidate will get the option for economic weaker section (EWS) apply online.
- Now click on the tab, then a new page will appear on your screen that will ask for authentic E-mail Id and current mobile number
- After this fill all the details along with the Aadhar Card and press on submit. Applicant can be registered here efficiently.
- After this, a login detail will be received by the candidate. Use the login detail to login again.
- Then a form will be appearing on your screen where you have to fill all required information and upload the certificate.
- After uploading and submitting the form, candidates will be given ten days and they will be called for further verification.
- At the same time of verification, candidates will show all the certificates and documents in a properly arranged manner.
- When the uploading of form and the verification of documents will be complete then the EWS certificate will be issued
- This EWS certificate will be issued by the block officer.
- Download your ews certificate online and take a printout also.
How you can check application status online of EWS Certificate
To check your online application status, you must follow the instruction given below:-
- Firstly, visit the official website.
- Then click on the economic weaker section (EWS)application form.
- Then you will get an option for the status checking for the application
- Now provide your application number.
- After providing the application number, press on the submit button.
- After that status of EWS certificate application will be visible on your screen.
- Visit the website regularly to know about the verification date.
10% EWS Reservation Quota
- The central gov. has recently introduced the 10% EWS reservation quota for those who belonged to Economically Weaker Section of General Category in gov. jobs and in the educational institutions.
- In India there are two kinds of seats –(i)Reserved seats (ii) Merit Seats.
- Merit seats are approved for all reserved seats or categories.
- In the India, there are different kinds of reservation quotas according to the categories available – SC Quota, ST Quota, OBC Quota. EWS Quota is a newly updated that was launched in year 2019.
- The EWS reservation quota is introduced only for the general category those who come under this EWS seat.
- Before that, there was not any reservation quota for General Category. Now the Indian constitution passed a new law from which general category people will now have get 10% reservation seat in the education and in the government sector.
- People who come under this reservation must utilize this wonderful opportunity.
Application Fee for EWS certificates
For making an EWS certificate online application fee differs from state to state because offices that issue the EWS certificates depend on the state government. The fee for EWS form isn’t always a lot but it will be nominal handiest, we can’t define a particular amount as it differs from state to state.
Cost of AP EWS certificates
Utility price is Rs.10/-.
Application and ews certificate charge is Rs. 35 only.
Reservation and Merit works in India
|Category||Reservation Quota||Merit Quota before 10%EWS reservation||Reservation +Merit quota before 10% reservation||Merit Quota After EWS 10% reservation||Reservation +Merit quota After reservation|
Validity of EWS certificate
Each certificate has its particular validity periods and it’s far invalid once the validity is over. It totally depends upon state-to-state authority but normally validity of EWS or earnings certificates is 12 months. EWS certificates are confirmed if the candidate is applying for admission or a government job. There is maybe some logical purpose behind the 12 months validity as the income of the family will be additionally increased and decreased as it is a total fix.
- For anyone have any confusion/query related to certificate application candidate should contact the Block Department Authority.
- If anyone arrange income certificate or resident or caste certificate through inappropriate ways it will be punishable.
- All the documents should be legal.
- After getting all the important documents such as resident certificate, caste certificate and income certificate. Candidate must go for application filling
- After submission of your application form, candidates must have to get a printout of the application form for their future references.
- All candidates should check the application status regularly and its compulsory to be present when they are called for verification.
- To apply for Income certificate candidates should have all relevant information
- The process of affidavit preparation for economic weaker section will be done through SDM office only.
- It should be noted that affidavit prepared from notary office is not acceptable.
Benefits of EWS certificate
EWS certificate provides plenty of advantages for a person who is planning to get higher education or government jobs. If a candidate has an EWS certificate then he will be able to get at once benefits under the10% reservation. can you consider it, let’s look at the example of two candidates, and suppose both candidates are from the general category and each scored equal marks in their examination? If the second candidate has an EWS certificate so the second candidate gets preference then the first and second candidate will get the benefit of a 10% reservation.
- 10% reservation is available
- EWS certificate easily can be used for admission and government job.
- This reservation is only for general category.
- Separate reservation schemes from some other category.
EWS Application Link State-wise
|State||EWS Form Link|
|Andhra Pradesh||meeseva app|
|Assam||Assam state portal|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal eServices|
|Goa||Goa Online portal|
|Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Online Seva|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu & Kashmir State e-Services|
|Madhya Pradesh||MP e-District portal|
|Maharashtra||Aaple Sarkar portal|
|Punjab||State portal of Punjab|
|Uttar Pradesh||e-Saathi web portal|
|Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu e-Sevai|
|West Bengal||West Bengal e-District|
EWS Certificate vs. OBC Certificate
- EWS stands for “Economically Weaker Section” and “OBC stands for “Other Backward Classes”.
- Total 27% seats are reserved for OBC candidates and 10% for EWS seats.
- There is no age relaxation mentioned for EWS certificate holders, age relaxation is only for ST, SC, OBC candidates only.
- EWS certificate is only for general people whose family’s financial income is not more than eight lakh rupees
If you have any doubt regarding the EWS Certificate , then you can comment below and let us know. Help us in improving by providing your valuable feedback. You can bookmark our site pmkisanyojanaa.in for the latest updates.