The Center declared ₹200 subsidies on cooking gas to more than 9 crores under the PM Ujjwala Yojana. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday declared that this year, the Indian Government will give a subsidy of ₹ 200 for each gas cylinder up to 12 cylinders to more than 9 crore recipients of PM Ujjwala Yojana. On Saturday, Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the public authority would give a subsidy of ₹200 on each LPG cylinder to more than 9 crore recipients of the PM Ujjwala Yojana.
The subsidy will be accommodated a limit of 12 cylinders each year. This was essential for various high ticket measures to handle value rise and inflation in India because of the pandemic and the conflict in Ukraine, which has prompted rising oil and food costs around the world. Recently, the cost of LPG used by crores of Indian families to prepare food rose by ₹3.50 for the second time in a month. Costs cross country crossed the ₹1,000-mark. Before the present declaration, a 14.2 kg chamber cost ₹1,003 in Delhi and Mumbai, ₹1,029 in Kolkata, and ₹1,018.5 in Chennai.
The Finance minister also reduce the central excise duty on petroleum gas by ₹8 each liter and on diesel by ₹6 each liter. Petroleum and diesel costs have crossed ₹100 per liter in many parts of the country after crude oil costs spiked in the aftermath of the war in Ukraine. The finance minister said that the cost of petroleum will be diminished ₹9.5 per liter and the cost of diesel by ₹7 per liter. She asked states that had not reduced fuel costs in November to execute the cuts now.
What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
PM Ujjwala Scheme (PMUY) was launched by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas in May 2016. In this, LPG connection is made available in the form of clean fuel to the poor families of rural areas. As per the information available on the website of the scheme, around 9.17 crore LPG connections have been issued till April 25.9 crore beneficiaries of the country who previously used to cook their food on wood, coal, etc., now cook food through LPG gas. This has also had an enormous positive impact on women’s health.
Declaration about LPG price
- The finance minister said that we will give a subsidy of ₹ 200 for each gas cylinder up to 12 cylinders to more than nine crore recipients of the PM Ujjwala Yojana. This will have a revenue implication of around ₹6100 crores a year. We are additionally diminishing the customs duty on raw materials and mediators for plastic items where our import reliance is high. This will bring about a decrease in the cost of final items.
- The finance minister said that these declarations have been made keeping in accordance with the public authority’s commitment to helping the poor people and all the needy people who belong below the poverty line. She also added that regardless of the difficult worldwide circumstance, the public authority has guaranteed that there are no deficiencies or shortages of fundamental merchandise/goods.
- Likewise, we are calibrating customs duty on raw substances and delegates for iron and steel to lessen their costs. Import duty on a few raw substances of steel will be diminished. Export duty on some steel items will be collected. After Sitharaman’s declarations, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs gave notifications. The public authority said that all the actions will be applied from May 22.
Petrol diesel price
The Modi government made major announcements on Saturday The government has cut the Excise Duty Cut on gasoline by Rs 8 and on diesel by Rs 7. After this decision, now petrol has become cheaper by Rs 9.5 and diesel by Rs 7. Also, another big announcement was made by the government, due to which people will now be able to get LPG cylinders inexpensively. The Modi government has decided to give LPG subsidies to about nine crore beneficiaries of the PM Ujjwala scheme this year. The Government will give them a subsidy of Rs 200 per gas cylinder. Eligible people will be able to get this subsidy on 12 cylinders in one year. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman tweeted that this subsidy will help the mothers and sisters of the nation a lot. At the same time, it will cost the government about Rs 6100 crore annually.
How to check the gas subsidy?
- Log in to the official website http://mylk.in/ and enter your LPG ID.
- Choose your LPG service provider and click on ‘Join DBT’.
- If you do not have Aadhaar number, click on the other icon to join the DBTL option.
- Now visit the official website of your favorite LPG company.
- A grievance box will open, and enter the subsidy status.
- Now proceed to click on Subsidy Related (Initiations).
- Now scroll down to the ‘subsidy not received’ icon.
- A dialogue box will open with two options, i.e. Registered Mobile Number & LPG ID.
- Enter the 17-digit LPG ID in the space given on the right.
- Enter your registered mobile number, punch the captcha code and continue.
- You will get an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- After going to the next page, enter your Email ID and create a password.
- An activation link would be sent to the email id. Click on the link
- After completing the above procedure, your account will be activated.
- Again, login to the http://mylpg.in account, and in the popup window mention your bank along with the Aadhaar card linked to the LPG account.
- After validation, submit your request.
- Now tap on View Cylinder Booking history / Subsidy Transfer.
- Apart from this, you can also register a complaint by calling this toll-free number 1800233555 for free.