Odisha Urban Wage Employment Programme: Due to the nationwide lockdown for several weeks and various restrictions on work premises, the outbreak has affected the entire country. This adversely affects not only the economy but also the poor section of society. Such families were deprived of any work during this time and hence were struggling for their existence. Amidst this deadly virus pandemic, the Odisha government launched a program called Urban Wage Employment Initiative to help poverty-stricken labourers and daily wage labourers. Read more about Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme in the article below. Every aspect of the mentioned program is covered here.
In this article today we will share with you all the important aspects of the Odisha Employment Scheme. In this article, we will also share with you all the specifications which are required to apply for Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme. We will share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you can apply for Odisha Employment Scheme. Also, we will share with you all the documents required for eligibility criteria and other specifications.
Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme
The deadly coronavirus has devastated people’s lives and caused a massive economic slowdown across the world. Poor and poverty-stricken families were most affected. The daily wage labourers and labourers had no source of income amid the lockdown and hence they struggled for their existence every day. The Odisha government realized the intensity of the situation and therefore set up UWEI, the urban wage employment initiative across the state. This included works like cleanliness drives, construction of roads and toilets, repair of water bodies, cleaning works, development of public parks, playgrounds, community centres, etc. Employed workers were paid weekly, ensuring financial stability.
MGNREGA, Mahatma Gandhi Rural National Employment Guarantee Scheme already existed to help the rural poor all over the country, but there was no such scheme for the urban poor. Thus, CM Naveen Patnaik introduced this scheme.
Naveen Patnaik announced the Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme, a scheme to provide relief to the lockdown-affected, business-deprived urban poor. Under this activity, efforts will be made to give business opportunities to poor people. He portrayed the program as a kind of urban participant in the plot of provincial occupation. The program starts on Monday in all urban areas of Odisha and will run till September, Housing and Urban Advancement.
Odisha Urban Wage Employment Implementation
- Odisha Urban Wage Employment Program has been implemented in collaboration with Mission Shakti Department. The department and the concerned ULB Odisha implemented this scheme effectively across the state.
- A total budget of Rs.100 crore was earmarked to cover 4.5 lakh families through the programme.
- 114 urban local bodies were covered for the benefit of the scheme.
- In addition, the payment was directly transferred to the workers’ bank accounts at the end of every week. Due to this, the workers got security regarding the economic condition of the house.
- This scheme is 100% funded by the state.
- Some women’s self-help groups also helped in implementing the programme.
Benefits of Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme Other benefits
The program mainly focused on helping the poor working class and daily wagers by employing them for various occupations, such as cleanliness and sanitation campaigns, construction of roads, planting trees, etc across the state. The scheme provided assistance to the beneficiaries and their families in many ways. Some of its important benefits are included in the following list.
- Fair employment for daily wage labourers and labourers of the state of Odisha.
- Financial aid amid the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
- Paid for every week’s work.
- The payment was directly credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The minimum salary fixed by the officers is Rs. 286.
Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme 2022
|Scheme Name||Urban Wage Employment Scheme|
|Authority||Government of Orissa|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik|
|Beneficiaries||Daily wage labourers|
|Application start date||To be announced|
|Aim to provide||Business to the beneficiaries|
Odisha Urban Salary Employment Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be followed while applying for Odisha Urban Employment Scheme:-
- Applicants should be a resident of State Odisha.
- Applicant must be unemployed
Documents Required for Odisha UWEI Scheme
Odisha UWEI is applicable only for daily wage labourers, workers and labourers of Odisha state who are currently unemployed. To prove their eligibility, they must have the following documents.
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of residence
- Labor Card, if possessed
How to apply for Odisha Urban Wage Employment Programme
At present, no information has been shared by the state authorities regarding the application process for the Odisha Urban Wage Employment Initiative. The officials with the help of district and ULB officials have identified the beneficiaries to extend the benefits of the scheme.